We offer personal counselling services to a variety of medical education learners including the MD Program, MD/PhD, Medical Radiation Sciences, Physician Assistant, Occupational Therapy and Medical Resident and Fellows.
Our Learner Life Specialists (LLS) are trained mental health professionals who provide confidential individual counselling, system navigation and support to learners on both the St. George and Mississauga campuses. The primary goal of the LLS is to support learners through their academic journey. LLS can support you with self-care strategies, relationships, and balancing school and personal life. We encourage you to consult with a LLS about optimizing your professional and personal life skills.
Discussed topics may include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Depression/depressed mood
- Interpersonal/relationship difficulties
- Difficulties in self-esteem and/or identity
- Grief and loss
- Past or current emotional, physical or sexual abuse
- Balancing professional and personal priorities
- Loneliness and homesickness
- Family issues
- Attention and concentration difficulties
- Issues about sex and sexuality
- Disordered eating/body image
- Self-harm/cutting/risky behaviour
- Problems with sleep
- Physical health issues
- Acute concern on behalf of another student
To meet with us please complete the book an appointment form.